Thursday, May 2, 2013

A New Tool

So... I was working at a convention with my co-worker and we began talking about my 60 hikes. Due to the fact that I was trekking between the hotel and convention center daily, I considered counting my daily excursions as an "Urban Hike" in Charlotte, NC. Needless to say, it was more of a training exercise than a hike, so I decided that would be cheating.

The great thing that came out of that trip, was the discovery of Endomondo...my first tool to track my hikes. I'm sure there are others out there, but this app on my phone was really helpful on Hike #2. I found out how long the hike was, my speed, the elevation changes, other fun facts; but the best was a map of my hike! Maybe I'll figure out how to upload that info to this blog, but for the time being - I'm a fan! Can't wait to use it up in McCall , ID this weekend... stay tuned for Hike #3/60. (I do wonder if I am going to make it at this rate, but maybe things will pick up.)


No comments:

Post a Comment