Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Goldilocks and The Three Shoes

Who knew that shoes could make such a difference when you hike? Not me...obviously! This pair of shoes I got at Big Five on sale. I bought them for their color. But at the end of my first hike, they left my left foot screaming "Uncle". The bottom of my foot hurt like heck and I didn't realize that a shoe could do that. Even though my foot hurt, I was determined to find a different shoe on my next hike and see if it made a difference or see if my foot was malformed. Like Goldilocks, I tried another ....


On Hike #2, I definitely went for comfort. I loved walking in these shoes to the mall, around the block, when I traveled. They were comfortable and convenient! However, on my second hike I kept "slip sliding away", like the lyrics from Paul Simon. My daughter was worried that I'd break a something with all of that slipping. Too bad - they really were very comfortable, just not very safe!


Now I get to try out some new shoes. My daughter and I went shoe shopping and the guy at the running shop said that these are trail running shoes - especially good for the Boise Foothills. We shall see...


You have to admit... the colors rock!

2 comments:

  1. Those are come cool looking shoes that will create a lot of dust for others to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't recognize them today! They are broken in and ready for that Louie Lake hike!

    ReplyDelete