Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hike # 6: Too Cool For Words!

What a great day! My best hike yet started here..

Boise Greenbelt
SE mile marker 2.3
at Park Center
My daughter and I chose to hike a part of the Greenbelt instead of the Boise Foothills, because of the winds. It was more protected there and to be honest - I had never really "hiked" the Greenbelt. I did take a stroll once with a friend (on a blistering hot August day), but other than that, this was unknown territory to me... especially the eastern part, close to Park Center.

Here, my daughter led me to the Bethine Church River Trail ...


no bikes allowed! Only runners and walkers (or in my case... hikers). Yes, that is the Boise River in the back ground. We followed it for 1.6 miles and it was lovely! When we came to the end of the trail (near Bowen Crossing), we turned around and headed back.

It is funny how when you back track on a trail, it looks completely different. In fact, sometimes you have such a different perspective, that you aren't sure you are on the same trail. Things look different in reverse. But from this reversed, backtracked perspective, I stumbled upon one of the greatest delights of my hiking career! And to think I completely missed this the with the first pass. Check this out...


Isn't she lovely? We watched her preen and clean herself, which definitely reduced my Endomondo Average Speed. But the reduction in time was soooo worth it! Am I right? Isn't this "too cool for words"? It was a great hike! I'll never forget Hike #6.

Today's Endomondo Stats:
Duration - 1:15.24
Distance - 4.1 miles
Avg Speed - 3.19 mph
Avg Pace - 18:48 min/mile

Loved every minute of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment