Saturday, September 14, 2013

Inspiration Prompts Hike

Every once in a while, you run across something that inspires you. That is what happened last Wednesday night. After a virtually hike-less August, I needed something to get me back on my feet with renewed motivation. So here is where I found it!


Our friend, and my husband's fly fishing companion joined us for dinner after their day of fly fishing the Owyhee River.  Erik shared his exploits of hiking and fishing high mountain Alpine lakes. His passion and enthusiasm were infectious! He encouraged me to make the hike to Louie Lake, while my husband  and our neighbor fly fish the lake. If I wasn't sold before, I definitely was after I read Erik's blog about Louie Lake! I was so excited when I saw the pictures posted on his blog. If you are reading this, you have to click the link and check it out. Hurry before he posts something new, or look for the blog entry "Alpine Lake Fever."

So, my plan is to hike to Louie Lake next Tuesday! Wish me luck...

3 comments:

  1. How nice of you Roxanne! We will all have to walk up to a lake soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed out on today's hike to Louie Lake. Mert and our neighbor went in spite of the weather - fly fishermen at heart! We are heading to McCall this weekend and hopefully I will make it happen then! My only reservation about going alone on that hike is... BEARS! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone up there that would be happy to go with you! I am out this weekend, otherwise I would go. Bears, you don’t have to worry about them. I would defiantly recommend going with some one who knows where to go. I am glad I checked this blog, I was waiting for the Louie Lake blog.

    ReplyDelete