Sunday, February 16, 2014

Baby Steps

Went for a walk in my neighborhood for 25 minutes, today. Not much.... but it was a start in light of the weather. My daughter offered to be my trainer and to get me ready to hike the Alps. As a marathon runner, she knows how to knock out a training regiment. Scary...

Worse yet, I'm not sure if I am really going on this trip- haven't heard if it is even a possibility. I haven't heard if this can happen from the people who invited me last year. But it is still a goal. I do want to go...

Erik, our fly fishing friend (http://flyfishingboise.blogspot.com/ - you have to visit his site), offered to take me on a cave hike, as long as I wasn't claustrophobic. Sounds like fun -as long as he has been there before. ( I realize I need the comfort and security of someone who has taken the path I am walking...) Just saying - I'm a little insecure.

I realize now that I need my family and friends to help me. In order to actually move toward my goal - with all of the fear, doubt, lack of mental and physical readiness - I need them. Can't do this alone - wow. That is heavy (especially for a self declared, self sufficient woman from the 60's... who is 60 - damn). I really thought in the beginning, I could do it alone.

Feeling really wimpy. But  my soul wants to do it - all of it! My will...that's another story. Not sure how this will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment