Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hike # 20: Table Rock


What does it take to get someone hiking again after 22 days off? A support team!  ... And that is exactly what it took me!

The 100+ degree weather, coupled with the fact that I am not an early riser, add to that some crazy travel and work deadlines that propelled me back into my computer driven sedentary lifestyle for the last 22 days. The thing about exercise is that at first you feel crummy when you start, and then you feel crummy when you stop, only to feel crummy again when you have to start all over. It is hard to start in the first place and even harder to start over again.

So at my husband's birthday bar-b-que, my family volunteered to get me back on track. Accompanied by my son, daughter, son-in-law, and grand-doggie, my wonderful support team got me jump started by meeting me at Table Rock, today at 8 AM. This 3.58 mile hike was a real "hike" - straight up and straight down! Although my free version of Endomondo didn't track the elevation change, the group of us estimate it to be about a 900 ft climb. It took us, because I often lagged behind, 1 hr 40 min at a rate of 43 min/mile going up and 26 min/mile coming down. I have to say it was exhilarating. In spite of being winded on the climb up, the view and the company was so worth it! Thanks for the support everyone! See you Wed at 7 AM at Camel's Back Park! (or... maybe we should make that 8?)

1 comment:

  1. It was a lot of fun! It's been a while since I've been on a hike too, so it was great to finally get out and do something active in the morning... besides mowing the lawn!

    ReplyDelete