Monday, October 7, 2013

Hike # 29: Rabbit Run

Now that I have almost arrived at the half way point of my 60 hikes, good friends, and family members have been so encouraging. Inviting me on hikes, finding new places to go, and generally giving me the motivation to make it to the finish line. Today, my good friend, Linda, did just that!

This woman is amazing! Although only slightly older than me, she has run marathons, faithfully attended a woman's Boot Camp, tirelessly helps her husband work their 15+ acres of land, and has more energy that I could possibly imagine.  Taking a brief time out for her feet to heal from her exercise routines, she thought that joining me for a hike once a week was exactly what she needed to restore her exercise regiment and strengthen her feet. She was exactly what I needed!

So off we went... to another part of the Boise Foothills I knew nothing about... the Idaho Velodrome, in Eagle.We started at Rabbit Run and only had a short amount of time for the hike - about an hour. In fact, I will have to resolve to turn off my cell phone - coverage is so good that I got calls from my office. 


Intersecting with D's Chaos, we took a trail that had some great views of the Treasure Valley, just bursting with fall. The trees were starting to turn. Lovely autumn colors mixed with lush green - it was a sight to behold! This is the best time of the year to hike in Boise!



When you look over the numerous trails that this area has to offer, you realize that this one section of the foothills could accommodate several hikes. So, Linda and I made a plan to hike each of the trails.



Today, we hiked for 3 miles in 43 minutes! Linda had run these hills for training, so we made quick work of the ups and downs that Rabbit Run and D's Chaos had to offer. Next Wednesday, we will attempt the longer hikes.... and I might even leave my cell phone in the car!






1 comment:

  1. Leave you cell phone in the car!!! Lets not talk crazy now :)

    ReplyDelete